Thursday, March 6, 2014

Staying Positive

     I have been thinking a lot about trials and tribulations lately.  It is hard for me to understand why some people have to deal with certain things while others don't.  I know we all have our trials, and different things are harder for different people.  Everyone is fighting their own battles and we need to be aware of that before we judge others.   However, I feel like the loss of a child is one of the more difficult battles some of us are asked to face.
     Jason found a great article in the Ensign this month that really relates to how I feel right now called Trials, Tribulations, and Trust in the Lord by Elder Bradley D. Foster of the Seventy.  One part that really stuck out to me was:

'Sometimes we will face things for which there is no earthly explanation.  In those moments we need to erect a sign that reads, 'Quiet:  God at Work.'  Meanwhile, hold on, child of God.  Keep believing.  Don't quit.  Don't give up.  Let God do His work in you.  The greatest tragedy is to miss what God wants to teach us through our troubles.'  

'May we all face our challenges with faith, endurance, and trust in our Heavenly Father and in His plan for each of us.  Remember, it's not what happens to us that matters; its how we handle what happens that makes all the difference.  When the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces, the Savior's power and assurance can still make it possible for us to experience joy and peace.'

    I have learned a lot through my trials, especially the loss of our little boy.  Although I am sad that I don't have my little boy with me, I am grateful for all that he has taught me.  I have learned patience and long suffering, as well as compassion, gratitude and faith.  These are lessons that I know I wouldn't have been able to learn without this trial.  I am trying really hard see the good in all things and be grateful for my many blessings.  I know from personal experience that if we put our trust in the Lord he can lift us in our darkest hour.  I also know that if we really take the time to learn from our pain and difficult circumstances we can become much stronger than we ever thought possible.


No comments: